Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Call of Cthulhu Estavali

Hello, everyone~ If you're looking for the most perverted, mean-spirited and long-winded narcissist in Revelations, here I am! I usually befoul the internet as Estavali and you're free to call me Esta if you like =3.

A little on myself. I enjoy Tolkien, Stephen King, mysticism and practical occult (if there's such a thing), functional swords (as in those that you can actually bring to a fight and put to good, bloody use, never mind that folks nowadays spam guns like "lololololol"), manga (FMA and the works of Togashi Yoshihiro and Moriyama Daisuke are among my favorites), anime (though I pursue this interest with less vigor nowadays), light novels (kinda addicted, I'm afraid >_>), RPGs with that sweet mixture of good plot, storytelling and gameplay (the Sora no Kiseki series and the older Square titles come to mind), Kajiuran music, mythology and folklore, etc, etc... and many more to come as I grow even older, hohoho. I chose Fenrisulfr as my user name here for a number of reasons, one of which is that, like the wolf himself, I have a big appetite =3

My first experience with Emil Chronicle Online was during the Japanese open beta, back when I was still a regular player of RO and was introduced to ECO through the RagnaInfo forums. Unfortunately, closed beta literally closed its doors on me and the other players who were unable to make the switch, though the short period I spent there was enough to lead me to hope that ECO will one day find it way to the rest of the world like RO. This wish came true in 2009 when RunUp (alas!) opened its marginally English (and barely administrated) server. I made the switch to idECO that November, after just a few months in RunUpECO, prompted by the promise by other players who had made the switch before me that WaveGame does a much better job than RunUp (and indeed it does =3). Looking back, it was a wise move, as RunUpECO quickly wrapped up after only 1 year after it was released and the promise that they would open a Chinese server in its place was as empty as their souls.

And so here I am now. I've been playing idECO for a year and more, but being lazier than Lazy, only 2 of my characters have made it past lvl 80 and the next one in line is 10+ levels behind them ^^;;;. You may have noticed that I have not made any mention to my characters yet, whom I regard not so much as my in-game avatars but more of my children =3 (though I guess as a father I'm severely lacking in parental responsibility ^^;;;). As I plan to try out all 14 classes (the 12 + Novice + DEM) currently available in ECO (sooner or later), I would like to introduce them in future posts, in triads and complete with roleplay details XD.

I'll stop here. As warned, I'm long-winded, and no doubt you, my hapless reader, is on the verge of smashing your head on the wall in hopes that it'll put an end to my droning. Fear not! I release you now, and may we meet ingame in peace and with manly love! >=3

No comments:

Post a Comment