Thursday, February 2, 2012

Saga 9 Main Story Translation [Side: E]

By Side E, I mean Emil.

The headquarter again

Lurie: Ara... You came at the right time!
Lurie: Since we parted ways I've been looking for Titus everywhere...
Lurie: ... Hey, why are you spacing out like that, you still remember our mission don't you? .......... Don't tell me you actually forgot.
You: I-It's not like I remembered it for you or anything!!! (Answer "Yes!" when opted. No, your character won't act tsundere.)
Lurie: You remembered? Good then. Let's get right to it. I've been looking for Titus for a while now. And after a loooong search, finally~ I know where he is now! Actually we were going to go there immediately but...
Lurie: ...
You: ... What is it?
Lurie: Umm... Actually, Lyuma, since we parted ways I and Emil went to Dr. Stein to talk about how to fight back DEM's magnetic field, but...
Lurie: Dr. Stein is very interested in Emil, and he's forced to help him in his works ever since, even today. I really want to take Emil back, ... but I'm too busy preparing the meeting for Lurie and the Resistance Leader. So please, take Emil back from Dr. Stein for me!
You: Sure thing.
Lurie: Oh! One more thing! We need a leader to organize the perception of three people (Note: I think she means the 'Emil, Lurie, and Player' team)! That's why~ This Lurie-san will be the leader♪ (Note: btw, the "-san" is there even in the indo version)
Lurie: Because this is the order from the leader, you have no choice but to do it~♪

You go out to meet Dr. Stein.

Primula-chan: There. No no! Not that one! That one! The weird mohawk uncle with swirly glasses and a giant tack going through his head.

Stein: ...... Bla bla.

*You choose to talk*

Stein: ...... Bla bla
Stein: ... What's with you? You're not artistic anymore!?

Suddenly inside Dr. Stein's tack on his head you can hear a familiar voice.

Emil: B-But, the DEMs at west acronia plains... uwah!
Stein: What's the matter, Emil-kun!?
Emil: DEMs are starting to attack! Uwa, uwaaaa!!
Stein: Don't come! If you do, our efforts will be all for nothing. More importantly, Dominion World- No. All Worlds will be destroyed at this rate!
Stein: It may be true that this problem is not your problem alone. But! The only one who can save the world, Emil, is only you!!
Emil: Doctor... I-I...

*Heroic BGM plays*

Emil: I will do my best! I'll put an end to this war for sure!
Stein: Ohh.... Emil-kun!! You're really great... as expected of my student......!
Emil: UOOOO!!!!
Tack: [Data complete! Data complete!]
Stein: Oops, sorry I got too worked up back there. We've collected the data Emil-kun, you can return now.
Emil: E-Eeeehhh!?!?!
Stein: Okay, see you later then. Don't die on your way back~
Emil: Uwaa.... wait a minute Doctor......

*Peep* (connection with Emil is cut)

Stein: ....... Now, time for the analysis!!
Stein: ... Mmm, who are you! You must be a spy who's after my researches aren't you!?

*You explain what's going on to Dr. Stein"

Stein: What? You want to take Emil-kun back!? Well, it's true that I've collected the required data...
Stein: ... Hmm~ hmmm~ Wait here for a while. Let's see then...

*After waiting*

Stein: Hohoho~ sorry for the wait!
Stein: Looks like there are still some more things to take care of to weaken the DEMs. If it's like this, it means, I don't know when Emil's work will be over. Unless you want to lend me a hand as well, that's another story...
Stein: ...
Stein: .........
Stein: ..............
Stein: Have you decided to be my assistant?

You:I-It's not like I want to be your assistant or anything! I-I just want Emil-kun to get back as soon as possible! T-That's all! (answer "Yes")

Stein: Hmm, okay. I'm really touched with that friendship of yours! Well then, let's get you to work immediately. Don't worry, this is easy. Talk to me again when you're ready.

Stein: Are you ready?
You: I-It's not like I got myself ready for you or anythi- /thrown to the nearest river (Answer yes)
Stein: I've told Emil the details of the job. You can go right away and ask him about it later. Well, good luck then! This is for the sake of humanity!

And then you're teleported here.

For a second I thought I just got teleported inside an H-doujin.

So you have to keep red and black mushrooms. There should be 9 of each. The crawlers eat those mushrooms. You can ask some things to Emil. He will tell you that the bolt on his head is a device from Dr.Stein for communication, and you can hear his voice from that bolt.

After the tedious mini game, you can go back, but Dr. Stein says Emil can't go back yet. So we talk to him again.

Dr. Stein: Fho fho fho. Thank you very much. I couldn't work peacefully because of those mushrooms. Now I can work in peace. Mushrooms are really delicious. Smoked and eaten while hot... boiled and served with rice... It can be pickled too! Oops, I forgot! There are still many things for Emil to do... I can't give him back yet! Speaking of which, Emil's cooking isn't too bad. Mushroom cookings... *mumble mumble*

Dr. Stein: Mushroom dish... smoked, boiled, mixed with rice, pickled... uuuu I can't stand it anymore! I want to go home early today...

Dr.Stein no longer listens to what you say. So now you go to headquarter again.

O hai Leader. Starting to fall for me now?

Leader: Oi! Lyuma! What took you so long!? Where's Emil?
Leader: ............. He's really useless.
Leader: Ahh, yeah! Lurie got bored waiting for you two so she went ahead to Titus' place. Also, there's a message from her to both of you. You and Emil are to find how you can get to Titania World before Lurie gets back with Titus... There! I told you, okay.

Then you have to look for a way to access Titania World. Well, actually you have to go to ECO Town, to be exact.

Dat chest.

Hershel: Hmm... what a nice breeze. Beautiful Sea. Clear Sky. But... all of this might be fake. Hmm... even the presence of this cute girl beside me is probably fake as well. (... Maybe he'll change his dialogue if the player is male).
Hershel: ................
Hershel: ... ... Nuoh!! You're real!? I've never seen you before so I thought you might be an illusion... Anyway, how did you get here? Lately these days I keep seeing new faces I've never seen before... You're obviously not from Whale Mountain, so care to tell me? (I think he means Whale Rock. Probably a mistranslation.)

And then you explain how you get here.

Hershel: Huh? You came here by riding the rainbow from Tiny Island? ... Fuhahahaha! How amusing! It's not good to lie to an Elder you know!
Hershel: Fine then, I won't ask more about it. If you value your life, quickly go back to where you came from. I'm going back to ECO Town, so see you again.

Then you wander around ECO Town until you see Hershel again in Shop Zone.

He's really annoying me for some reason.

Hershel: Oh? What a coincidence. By the way, I don't know your name yet.
Hershel: I'm Hershel. An inhabitant of this world. Would you mind giving me your name?
Hershel: ............. What a beautiful name. (Hopefully he acts differently if you're male)
Hershel: Actually I'd like to talk more, but I have to go somewhere...
Hershel: Ah, yes! Do you know that this town has an Onsen? Onsen is very good for your beauty. You should pay that place a visit. Well, then. Goodbye...

So you go to Onsen, go to the changing room, and find this.

*stabs the hole with a stick*

(There's a hole in the wall and you can hear a familiar voice)

Mysterious Voice: (...... Amazing, how great! The heavenly sight I've been craving for!)

(It comes from the boy's changing room! Someone is peeping!)

*You choose to look at the hole*

Peeping Tom: (...!!)

(Someone really is peeing!!)

*You choose to insert a stick in the hole*

Peeping Tom: (....!! OOOWW!!!)

*Ruuning steps can be heard*

You: He's running away!

Btw, I heard if you're male, you'll find Hershel peeking instead. ..... Huh? Does that mean the player will join Hershel? Anyway you'll find him again in Whale Rock.

Why are there canned foods on the table?

Hershel: Hello girl!
You: (........ His eye is red.)
Hershel: ........
Hershel: ...........
Hershel: .................
Hershel: A-Anyway, I'm curious. Who are you exactly? Why is a dominion girl like you here? In this secluded world?

Then you explain everything up to this point.

Hershel: ... Cooperating with Titanias to overcome the crisis in Dominion World...
Hershel: Let me make it clear to you. Firstly, about the Titania World you wanted to go to... Unfortunately, this isn't Titania World, but a "former" part of Titania World in the past. There's a big reason for that of course, and because of that, ECO Town is separated from the Titania World and now stranded in this isolated dimension. Furthermore, the inhabitants of this ECO Town are bound with some kind of power, preventing them from leaving this place or interfere with matters from your worlds. Moreover, even if they managed to get out of this place, only few Titanias would actually be willing to lend a hand.
Hershel: This Whale Mountain... Actually Whale Mountain wasn't part of this place back when ECO Town was still in Titania World. If my assumptions are correct, then this Whale is the cause of all of this. The problem is, the structure of and everything about this Whale is really complicated. It's hard to investigate anything.
Hershel: .... That's everything I know since I got sent to this world that I can tell you. If you want more facts and evidence, you should explore the depths of this Whale and see them with your own eyes. I'm sure you'll find out about something more.
Hershel: If you have something you don't understand about this Whale, feel free to ask me. I will tell you everything I know.

Up to this point, you should go back to Headquarter in Dominion World, but you can ask more things to Hershel if you wish. For story sake, I'll ask him everything available.

- The structure of the building
Hershel: The inner parts are complicated. If you go back, you'll come back here again. So if you're moving with friends, don't go back, just wait. This is the most basic and important point of exploration in this Whale. Remember that.

- What are the people inside the Whale?
Hershel: The people inside the Whale... You might have known already, but there are humans inside the Whale. From my investigation they don't seem to look like the citizens of ECO Town, and are trapped by this Whale. Something that lives here always do the same thing and activities
for years over and over, never realizing it themselves. Well, just keep it in your mind to not take what they say seriously.

- Important points
Hershel: Hmm... There's an endless horizon in Abyss of Void. And there are 4 warps that take you to different dimensions. If you step inside the warp, you'll get teleported here. The right route is the one with the same amount of pillars. Well, if you're confused, just get in. And Abyss of Distortion. It's just as troublesome if you pick the wrong way. Remember, the right route is "Bed".

- I want to talk
Hershel: ...... Maybe, we're tied to this world because we're actually already dead long ago. But even if my physical body is no more, I will keep investigating this Whale. That's my intention.

Then we go back to headquarters.

Bishie Titus is Bishie.

Lurie: Ara, you're so slow. Did you find a way to get to Titania World?

*You tell them everything*

Lurie: Ooh... something that can be said Titania World, but also not... Titus, do you know anything about ECO Town?
Titus: ... I know. There was once a town named ECO Town. ECO Town is always pretty crowded because it's a place solely for having fun. But one day, the town suddenly disappeared.
Leader: Suddenly disappeared? How is that possible!?
Titus: That's the truth. The peace loving Titanians think a place like that is disgusting. After ECO Town's disappearance, there was no investigation or anything of the sort regarding that matter. Even entering the place was actually a taboo...
Leader: Cih... Titanians really are outrageous...
Titus: ......
Emil: ...... (Somehow... I feel like I'm missing something important here...)
(Note: Maybe Tita reviving Emil has something to do with ECO Town's disappearance?)
Lurie: What is it Emil? You're pale.
Emil: N-No... it's nothing... Don't worry about me.
Titus: But... even then I've never heard anything about this Whale Mountain. Can you tell me more about it?

Then you explain everything about Whale Mountain and Hershel.

Titus: ...Hershel!?
Lurie: You know him!? Titus!
Titus: If you want to know! That's the name of my missing father!
Lurie: Your father is missing!?
Titus: That's right... When ECO Town vanished, so did my father. I wonder if he's still alive...

Leader: Dr. Stein, can you do something?
Stein: ... Alright. Leave it to me!! There's nothing impossible! Nothing!! NOTHING!!!
Leader: Wow! So you're willing to help?
Stein: Ahh~ of course! Onsen! Daifugo! Ahh.... I can't wait...
Lurie: Ehh... looks like his goal is different from ours. Nevermind. Let's just leave it to him. Emil, you should help out too, okay!
Emil: Hueee!!
Stein: Fho fho. Come on, Emil-kun! For Onsen we have to do our best!
Emil: Jeez... When will this bolt on my head get removed, Doctor~?
Titus: I'll try to find out more about Whale Mountain.
Lurie: I will be collection information, researching, and helping Emil.
Lurie: For you, you can move on your own. I think this is the best method for you.
Lurie: For the time being, we will disband this team! See you later, everyone!

To Be Continued.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the quick translation, Trass. You're truly a man amongst men =3

    A question though. About this sentence "...but I'm too busy preparing the meeting for Lurie and the Resistance Leader." Since Ry'leh is the one saying this, I think it should be "preparing the meeting for (insert other name) and the Resistance Leader", isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered about that too, but she actually said that. :<

    I think she means 'too busy preparing "The Meeting-of-Lurie-and-Resistance-Leader"'. As in she said that as a name of the meeting that will include her, leader, titus, emil, and the player.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS FOR YOUR HARD WORK ヽ(>∇<)ノ

    Hershel's an annoying oji. But he knows important stuff so he's okay.

    Lyuma-chan's a cute tsundere- /stabbed

    "Hershel: ...... Maybe, we're tied to this world because we're actually already dead long ago. But even if my physical body is no more, I will keep investigating this Whale. "

    Uuuu how sad, especially for Titus and Tita "orz
    He hasn't seen gogon yet, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work, Trass \o/

    I wonder if there's variation if you do the quest using a DEM char. I used Milla and Klae and Fern to do this quest and some lines were different, like "ZOMG you're Titanian girl but you want to help us omg omg omg so sweet" (it wasn't really like that, you got the idea). :V

    ReplyDelete